Applications are now open for the Philadelphia COVID-19 Restaurant and Gym Relief Program, a $12 million grant program designed to provide financial relief to small businesses located in Philadelphia that have been among the most adversely affected by the latest round of pandemic-related restrictions enacted in November 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9. All applications will be reviewed after February 9. The program is not first-come, first-served; applications will be awarded based on eligibility and alignment with program priorities. More details, including the application, can be found here.
What Businesses Need to Apply
Business owners should gather the following information before applying:
· Basic information, such as:
· Type and structure of business.
· Employer Identification Number (EIN), social security number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) of business owner.
· Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT) account number from the City of Philadelphia.
· Annual and quarterly revenue from 2019 and 2020.
· Number of full-time and part-time employees, pre-COVID and currently.
· Photo(s) of your business, exterior and interior.
· If applicable, details about any damage incurred during civil unrest in 2020, including photos of all damage reported and/or a report from the Philadelphia Police Department.
· A completed and signed W-9 in PDF format. (Note: A blank W-9 for completion can be obtained online.)
Various community partners can provide free assistance to businesses who may need help completing the application. This includes language translation services, technological support, and other assistance in filling out the application. These organizations can apply on businesses behalf, with documented consent.
Flyers describing the program, and how businesses can receive assistance applying, are available in multiple languages here.
The Department of Commerce is hosting a free webinar about this new grant program on Wednesday, February 3 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. This is an opportunity to ask questions about the program and the application process. Register here.