Will be run by Merion Foundation, grant-making art of Merion Community Association
By Richard Ilgenfritz
firstname.lastname@example.org / @rpilgenfritz on Twitter
The Woman’s Club of Bala Cynwyd dates back to about 1912 and was incorporated in 1922 to further charitable and educational purposes in the Main Line community, according to information in a press release announcing the transfer.
“In the 1920s the Club founded the Township’s first library. Some of its activities included the repair of clothes for needy families during the Depression, selling war bonds during World War II, and leading the struggle for a woman’s right to vote. In recent years, however, the Club membership has had difficulty continuing … the maintenance of its buildings,” the release reads in part.
The Merion Foundation plans on making improvements to both properties to help generate revenue to continue upkeep.
The ballroom holds 175 people and has a full kitchen for events, parties such as mitzvahs and weddings. The space also remain available for corporate and social events. The smaller library building will also be available for smaller groups and meetings.
Full story from Main Line Media News here.