Through months of planning, the first City Ave Futurecast finally became reality on January 27th, with great success. The grand visions we had for the state-of-the-District style event paralleled the visions our event speakers have for the future of the City Ave District.
Keynote Speaker Bill Glazer, President and CEO of Keystone Property Group, spoke to 200 eager professionals about the monumental changes and growth that are expected in the City Ave District over the next few years and the possibilities at hand. The redevelopment of the GSB Building and 150 Monument Road along with the improvements to traffic signals, pedestrian walkways and cross walks are among the major steps towards transforming the District to become an better, more fulfilling place to live and work.
There were many takeaways from Futurecast, but here are the top five:
- “It’s not just a road. It’s one of the hottest areas in the region.” Bernie Prazenica, Chairman & CEO of 6abc and Chair of the City Ave District Board
- “The future has arrived. New residential, office and mixed use developments are underway on City Ave.” Terrence Foley, President & CEO, City Ave District
- “150 Monument will be the first true, mixed-use development under the new City Ave zoning code.” Bill Glazer, President & CEO, Keystone Property Group
- It’s not just commercial development that will transform City Ave, Bill Glazer gave big kudos to Post Brothers for their residential project at Presidential City.
- On what makes City Ave so spectacular, Terrence Foley had three words, “location, location, location.”
And here is the video of City Ave that we debuted at Futurecast. We hope you are excited as we are to see the future of City Ave unfold.
Thank you to our Speakers, Bernie Prazenica, President & General Manager of 6abc and City Ave District Board Chair, Bill Glazer, President and CEO of Keystone Property Group and Terry Foley, President and CEO City Ave District.
And, thank you to our sponsors, Hilton Philadelphia City Ave, Woodward Properties, Keystone Property Group, Pennoni Associates Inc, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, 6abc, American Executive Centers, Brandywine Realty Trust, Corporate Realty Solutions, Inc., Crown Plaza Philadelphia West, Manko Gold Katcher Fox, LLP, Post Brothers, Saint Joseph’s University, Tompkins VIST Bank, Grimm & Grove Communications, Isdaner and Company, Main Line Chamber of Commerce, McMahon Associates, Inc., NAIOP Philadelphia Chapter and Tishman Speyer, who helped to make this event everything we dreamed it could be and more.