Living with a disability is a journey — a path including a series of milestones along the way, each moving you closer to your goal.
Whether that goal is living independently, finding employment, or better managing all the day-to-day stressors, it can often feel overwhelming. That’s where Journeys, Inglis’ Mobile Peer Partnership, can help.
Journeys is designed to provide support for people who have a physical disability and are experiencing mental health challenges.
Journeys will match you with a certified peer specialist (CPS) who has been where you are and who truly understands.
All Journeys CPSs have a physical disability or experience working with individuals who have physical disabilities and lived experience managing behavioral health challenges.
They have a deep understanding of the barriers you experience on a day-to-day basis.
In this mobile program, not only will we meet you where you are, in your home or the community, but emotionally as well, and help guide you as you work toward living your best life.
Some of the services CPSs provide may include:
- Participation in care planning
- Building a network of natural supports
- Developing a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Facilitating collaboration with service coordinators and healthcare providers
- Navigating transportation and other resources to promote independence, health, and well-being
- Assist with nursing home transition planning
If you are interested in being matched with a Journeys CPS, or if you know someone who would benefit from the program, you or they must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Reside in Philadelphia
- Have a physical disability
- Be Medicaid-eligible
- Have a mental health diagnosis