EAC Again Accepting Nominations for Those Who ‘Go for the Green’
The deadline for nominations is March 23rd.
The Lower Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) is accepting nominations for the 2017 Go for the Green Awards. Nomination forms and a list of award categories can be found on the Township website or by contacting Andrea Campisi at email@example.com.
The awards recognize residents, businesses, organizations and schools located in the Township and Narberth Borough or who conduct business here. The EAC is now accepting nominations with awards to be given at a ceremony on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Appleford Estate and Arboretum (770 Mount Moro Road, Villanova).
The deadline to submit a nomination is Wednesday, March 23, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
Eligible candidates will have taken actions that result in the improvement or protection of the environment. Examples include conservation, recycling, stormwater management, pest management, alternative energy source usage, green building technology, education and other initiatives that display sensitivity to the environment.
Nominations for the 2017 awards will be accepted in the following categories:
- Joseph M. Manko Lifetime Achievement Award—An individual or group that makes a long term significant impact on environmental issues such as improvement, protection, and awareness of the environment.
- Resident—Any individual living in the Township or Narberth Borough.
- Multi-Family Residential—Any multi-family building in the Township or Narberth Borough.
- Commercial—Businesses located in or providing services in the Township or Narberth Borough.
- Organization—Nonprofit entities or citizens’ groups in the Township or Narberth Borough.
- Educational—Schools, universities and affiliated student or youth organizations in the Township or Narberth Borough.
- Site Greening—A property that has been enhanced through greening efforts such as the installation of trees, shrubs and other plant material, the reduction in impervious paving, or other improvement to the outdoor environment thereby improving the site ecologically and aesthetically.
- All residents, businesses, organizations, schools and sites located in the Township or Narberth Borough or who conduct business in the Township or Borough.
- Eligible candidates will have taken actions which result in improvement or protection of the environment. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: conservation, recycling, stormwater management, organic pest management, alternative energy source usage, green building technology, education/outreach, etc.
- Nominations may be made with or without the knowledge of the nominees. Self-nominations will be accepted for any of the categories.
- Complete the attached nomination form and submit it, along with any supporting material, by Thursday, March 23, 2017, no later than 4:30 p.m.
- The final assignment to award categories is at the discretion of the EAC and the STC (Commercial Site Greening category).
- Nominations will be evaluated by members of the EAC and/or STC.
- The Township shall retain all submission materials unless a written request for their return accompanies the application. The Township retains the right to exhibit and/or publish the material in furtherance of educational goals.
- Submittals shall be bound by a staple, binder clip or paper clip and shall consist only of paper with the exception of photographs. Nominations in binders, plastic separators and non-recyclable materials, etc. will not be accepted. Submittals will not be evaluated on the aesthetic of the package.
- The EAC or STC may choose not to present Awards in all categories.