Meet the Community Manager of Mansion at Bala, Michele Placeres.
Located in The City Ave District, Mansion at Bala is a residential oasis nestled between Center City & the Main Line. Michele is always creating new ideas and events to increase
community engagement & interaction.
- How has Mansion at Bala helped you in your career development? It has been my most challenging property but I have been introduced to a company that not only values their employees but also appreciates the balance between work and life.
- Before working at Mansion at Bala, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? While in high school I was an aide at a daycare center in Delaware. I enjoyed it very much but vowed to never have children. I now have a 13 year old and she is my most precious gift.
- If you could switch your job with anyone else within Mansion at Bala, whose job would you want? The Porter. I enjoy the outdoors and I love interacting with people. It would also bring me to see how prospects and residents view the property from the outside.
- What are 3 words to describe Mansion at Bala? Challenging, Beautiful, Convenient.
- What drew you to Mansion at Bala originally? And how has Mansion at Bala changed since? I was transferred from my sister property at Dobson Mills. Since I have been managing the site I see the changes with residents and the changes with the staff being happy to come to work everyday.
- What has been your favorite project at Mansion at Bala? Bringing occupancy up. We get to work together as a team and have fun doing it!
- What is the favorite part about working for Mansion at Bala? I love that the company stands for family first and appreciates and recognizes their employees. I have also met so many wonderful residents from different walks of life.
- What is your proudest moment at Mansion at Bala? Bringing occupancy up by over 10% in 6 months!
- Any favorite line from a movie? “Nobody puts baby in the corner”
- Do you have a favorite quote? “Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results”.
- Do you recall any embarrassing moment at work? My heel getting caught in the cuff of my pants and me falling down the stairs because I did not had a certified stairlifts. Thank goodness to a kind gentleman he caught my fall before I hit my head on the concrete.
- How do you define success? Setting goals. If you reach just one of your goals you succeeded.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? This one is hard because it could be Beef Lo Mein and Rice with Curry Chicken and Plantains.
- People would be surprised if they knew: That I went parasailing for my 40th birthday although I am terrified of heights. Don’t ask if I actually opened my eyes!
- What is the first concert you attended? Brian McKnight.
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? A vacation home in Jamaica.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the area? Eat at new restaurants.
- Is there anything special about City Ave that you can share? The convenience to all areas of shopping and dining.