Meet Lauren Lindsey, Owner and Co-Operator of Wyn Nutrition, located at 155 Bala Ave.
Lauren has a love for fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
During the pandemic, she was inspired to open Wyn Nutrition after seeing how valuable our health is.
She is proud to offer the community healthy and convenient protein shakes, teas, and lattes.
Stop by today to try their shake of the day!
- What inspired you to open Wyn Nutrition? My biggest inspiration is my family. I am a single mother and help care for my 95-year-old grandmother. I knew I wanted to work in health & wellness while also having the flexibility to be there for my family. It also gives my family something to be a part of. My mother makes our protein donuts and my brothers help with a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff. Another big inspiration was the pandemic. Seeing how valuable our health is, I wanted to bring a healthy & convenient option to the community.
- What is your role at Wyn Nutrition? I am the owner and co-operator of Wyn Nutrition.
- Before working at Wyn Nutrition, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? I would say The Please Touch Museum.
- How has Wyn Nutrition helped you in your career development? Wyn helps me employ myself. A lot of people may see entrepreneurs and think how glorious it is to create your schedule but it requires a lot of discipline. Opening Wyn has helped me stay focused and organized.
- What is your current favorite menu item at Wyn Nutrition? Strawberry Cheesecake Shake and Wyn Punch.
- What are 3 words to describe Wyn Nutrition? Fun, Simple & Yummy!
- What has been your favorite project at Wyn Nutrition? Fitness Friday Videos on our Instagram.
- What is your favorite part about working for Wyn Nutrition? My favorite part is the community. It’s so fun to be able to create a community around a healthy lifestyle. The reaction when someone tries their first shake and is surprised by how delicious yet healthy it is.
- What is your proudest moment at Wyn Nutrition? I’m in awe of everything but I think my proudest moment was when the business license arrived. That moment made it real!
- Any favorite line from a movie? “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird.” – The Notebook
- Do you have a favorite quote? “Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.”
- Do you recall any embarrassing moments at work? One time I fell in the hallway at work and my coworkers kept watching it back on the security cameras. It was hilarious.
- Favorite travel spot? Anywhere with great food and great views!
- How do you define success? Success is truly what we make it. I define success as enjoyment, loving what I do on the good days as well as the bad.
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? French fries.
- People would be surprised if they knew: I was 1st Runner-Up in a Pageant .
- What book did you read last? How to Win Friends and Influence People
- What did you want to be when growing up? A wedding dress designer.
- What do you always want to try and never did? Surfing!
- What is the first concert you attended? *Nsync
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? I would buy my grandmother’s house.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the area? I love F45 Training.
- What places have you lived in? I’ve always lived in Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? I would be working with the youth.
- You’re happiest when? I’m happiest when I’m hanging out with family & friends.
Want to be featured in the next issue of Faces of City Ave? Email Briana at firstname.lastname@example.org.