Meet Dr. Jessica Kendorski, Associate Professor and Director of the MS School Psychology and Applied Behavior Analysis programs at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine on City Ave.
It’s no surprise that she is happiest when her children are experiencing joy, and when she is with her family focused and present.
- Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? Not all that unusual, but I was a lifeguard at Sesame Place.
- Do you have a favorite newspaper, blog? I really appreciate Thrive Global by Arianna Huffington, and I am a huge fan of Super Soul Sunday by Oprah.
- Do you have a favorite quote? Sure! Here are 2: “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.”–Ekhart Tolle & “People who are hurting don’t need avoiders, protectors, or fixers. What we need are patient, loving witnesses. People to sit quietly and hold space for us. People to stand in helpful vigil to our pain.” – Glennon Doyle Melton
- What book did you read last? What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton. I love a good memoir. I feel like I am getting to know someone and connecting with a person that I may never meet. I have a great appreciation for storytelling and for someone who is able to honestly tell their story.
- What is the first concert you attended? This is a good one. Milli Vanilli.
- What is your favorite thing to do in the area? I was born and raised in Philadelphia. Some of my fondest memories are visiting places in Philly where I felt transported out of the city (without ever having to leave), places like the zoo, museums, and parks.