- This event has passed.
Black Trail Blazers of Laurel Hill West
February 26, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
In honor of Black History Month, The Friends of Laurel Hill will pay tribute to black Americans who overcame discrimination and adversity to make significant contributions to society who are now buried in Laurel Hill West. On this walking tour, you will meet Dennie Hoggard, Jr. who (along with teammate Wallace Triplett) was the first black football player to play in the Cotton Bowl, popular musician Teddy Pendergrass, and civil rights leaders, Raymond and Sadie Alexander.
Tour Guide: Sarah Hamill
- $17/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
- $15/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
- $12/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill
- $8.50/Youth (Ages 6-12)
- $1.90/Access Card Holders (can purchase up to 4 tickets) **
- Free/Ages 5 and under
** Access Card + Valid Photo I.D. must be presented at check-in.
Please note – youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Advanced ticket purchases are strongly encouraged!
We will depart from the FUNERAL HOME at Laurel Hill West
- Click here for directions to Laurel Hill West.
- Laurel Hill West Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 (GPS directions: 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you enter the cemetery through the main gates off Belmont Avenue, the Funeral Home is on your left.
- Free parking is available outside the Funeral Home.