The new schedule will be in effect Sunday.
Riders of SEPTA’s regional rail lines will see some changes to the line’s services, including the Paoli/Thorndale line. Changes going into effect Sunday, Jan. 29 include earlier times, later times, stop changes, and more.
“SEPTA is embarking on a second round of schedule changes that will focus on addressing congestion, continued implementation of Positive Train Control and train run times,” the transportation authority said in a press release.
The following changes go into effect Sunday:
- Weekday train times have been adjusted for Regional Rail Lines with some trains departing earlier or later than previously scheduled.
- Airport Line In bound Train #404 (departs Airport Terminals E and F at 5:37 a.m.) will no longer stop at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock or Melrose Park Stations. Inbound train #448 (departing from Airport
- Terminals E and F at 4:37 p.m.) will no longer stop at Wayne Junction Fern Rock, Melrose Park or Elkins Park stations. Train #448 will also depart three to four minutes earlier from Jenkintown-Wyncote and Glenside Stations.
- Chestnut Hill East: Select trains will operate up to eight minutes later.
- Cynwyd: Select weekday inbound and outbound trains will operate three to 16 minutes later.
- Lansdale/Doylestown: Trains departing between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. between Delaware Valley University and Chalfont stations may depart ahead of schedule as stops will only be made to discharge or pick-up passengers (D-Stops Only). Additional morning service has been added to Elkins Park Station with train #5315 which departs from Colmar at 6:10 a.m. Service has also been added to Link Belt Station with trains #6517 departing from Doylestown Station at 7:58 a.m. and #521 departing from Doylestown at 8:52 a.m. Train #519 will originate at Lansdale Station at 8:48 a.m. and will no longer stop at Link Belt, Colmar, Fortuna or 9th St. Station. Evening train #573 which departs from Colmar at 5:23 p.m. will depart four minutes later from all stations and will no longer stop at Melrose Par or Wayne Junction Stations
- Manayunk/Norristown: Select trains will operate later than previously scheduled. Weekday outbound train #6212 departing from 30thStreet Station at 5:41 a.m. will not stop at Elm Street Station. Train #3224 will depart from 30thStreetStation at 7:30 a.m., and will no longer stop at North Broad Station.
- Media/Elwyn: Many trains will depart earlier than previously scheduled.
- Paoli/Thorndale: Select morning trains will depart earlier and later than previously scheduled. Inbound train #9506 will now originate from Villanova Station and depart at 7:52 a.m. Train #9536 departing from Malvern at 7:42 a.m. will now stop at Haverford, Ardmore, Wynnewood, Narberth, Merion and Overbrook Stations. Weekday outbound train #551 departing from Temple University at 4:04 p.m. will no longer stop at Exton, Whitford, Downingtown or Thorndale Stations.
- Trenton: Most trains will depart a few minutes earlier than previously scheduled. Trains #769 departing from Temple University at 8:46 p.m., #773 departing from Temple University at 6:36 p.m. and #8775 departing from Temple University at 10:32 p.m. will now serve Eddington Station.
- Warminster: Additional weekday morning service has been added to Melrose Park with train #4213 departing from Warminster Station at 6:40 a.m. Train #404 departing from 30thStreet Station at 6:00 a.m. will no longer make stops at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock Transportation Center or Melrose Part Stations and will depart three minutes earlier from Elkins Park Station. Outbound train #448 departing from 30thStreet Station at 5:00 p.m. will no longer stop at Wayne Junction, Fern Rock Transportation Center, Melrose Park or Elkins Park Stations and will depart from Jenkintown/Wyncote Station earlier than previously scheduled.
- West Trenton: Most trains will depart earlier than previously scheduled.
- Wilmington/Newark: Select inbound trains will operate a few minutes later.
Printed schedules will not be available in stations for the January schedule change. Schedule information will be posted in Center City stations.
Full story here.