FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Grimm & Grove Communications
Philadelphia, PA | February 7, 2024 – City Ave District proudly celebrates its 25th anniversary, marking a quarter-century of impactful contributions to the City Avenue business corridor. In conjunction with this significant milestone, the organization unveiled a refreshed logo, designed to capture the energy, partnerships and progress that have defined its successful two decades.
City Ave District’s Impactful Legacy
Founded in 1999 as a unique partnership between the City of Philadelphia and the Township of Lower Merion, City Ave District has played a pivotal role in fostering a thriving and dynamic business community, including paving the way for improved zoning and renewed safety that have ignited unprecedented growth. City Ave’s central location makes it highly accessibly from anywhere in the Greater Philadelphia region, combined with low real estate taxes, makes it an ideal location to live, work and enjoy.
Over its 25 years key City Ave District achievements include:
● Economic Development: City Ave District has been instrumental in driving economic development, attracting new businesses and creating a vibrant commercial environment
● Public Space Enhancements: Through beautification projects and streetscape improvements, City Ave District has transformed public spaces, creating an inviting and pedestrian-friendly atmosphere. Including securing more than $16 million in funding for capital improvement projects
● Zoning / Development: Secured new, critical zoning overlay allowing for higher density, mixed-used and pedestrian-oriented development including key properties The Grant and Luxor
● Safety Initiatives: Developed a team of dedicated Community Service Reps (CSRs) to promote community safety, leading to over a 40% reduction in overall crime
● Community Engagement: The organization has fostered strong community ties, collaborating with residents, businesses, and local authorities to enhance the overall quality of life in the district, along with creating networking opportunities for real estate professionals, local businesses and residents
“City Ave District is proud to celebrate this significant milestone and pay tribute to the spirit of collaboration and dedication among our public officials, business leaders and residents who have contributed so much to the City Ave District community,” said Bryan Fenstermaker, City Ave District President & CEO. “We’re kicking off our 25th year with $300 million in active development projects, a series of master plans that will transform our retail and dining selection, along with our green and community spaces. All this energy and momentum leading us into the next phase of our organization makes our 25th anniversary even more special and exciting.”
“It is a great privilege to serve as the Board Chair for City Ave District during this remarkable period of transformation for both City Avenue and the organization,” said Rich Gottlieb, President & CEO of Keystone. “I can’t wait to see what the next 25 years bring for City Ave District as we continue to work together for the benefit of all.”
A Fresh Look for a New Era
As part of the 25th-anniversary celebration, City Ave District also unveiled a new logo. The updated look features refreshed colors, typography and stylistic elements, including a distinctive line representing the unique partnership between the City of Philadelphia and the Township of Lower Merion. The new logo reflects the district’s commitment to progress, innovation and inclusivity, ensuring its continued relevance for years to come.
“As we celebrate 25 years of growth, collaboration and community, City Ave District is proud to unveil a refreshed brand that captures the spirit of our dynamic corridor. The new logo represents not only our rich history but also our commitment to progress and the exciting partnerships propelling us into the future. We are excited to continue building on our success and creating an even more vibrant and connected City Ave District,” said Bryan Fenstermaker, President & CEO of City Ave District.
About City Ave District
City Ave District is the catalyst for transformation and revitalization across this important regional corridor. We serve the entire District community from businesses and employees, to residents, students, visitors and more, providing programs and supplemental services that create a clean, safe and vibrant environment. City Ave District spans a 2.7 mile area from the City of Philadelphia to Lower Merion Township. In 2024, City Ave District celebrates its 25th anniversary and its tremendous impact on area safety, increased business activity, enhanced property values, and a more engaged civic community. For more information visit cityave.org.